Ok, since learning how to make raw chocolate, I have become a totally obsessed with making clean treats. Almost weekly now I am whipping something new up in the kitchen because it's just so easy! The best part is being able to be creative. It really has become this new creative outlet for me. I would never haveconsidered myself a creative in the kitchen, but now I am in love with it! There is no right or wrong, so the pressure is off. It's so simple to taste-test as you go along (and delicious!) add a little of this or a little of that. So with that in mind, I came up with this super easy chocolate block. I think I even did it in 10 minutes.
- Half a cup of raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsps of rice malt syrup
- 2 Tbsps of coconut oil
- Half a cup of puffed quinoa (or use buckwheat from crunch)
- Half a cup of desiccated coconut
- Handful of dried cranberries (soaked for an hour)
- Blot excess water from your cranberries.
- Microwave the coconut oil until completely melted.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add your raw cacao powder.
- Once smooth and consistent, add you rice malt syrup.
- Continue stirring constantly and gradually add your quinoa (or buckwheat), cranberries and coconut.
- Once even, pour into a lined tray and evenly spread. Decorate as desired. I sprinkle coconut on mine, but feel free to get creative!
- Simply refrigerate until set.